OEM Spares vs Imported Replica’s
The distribution system is at the heart of a cooling tower’s performance, so replacing a nozzle with one that wasn’t selected or designed to meet a cooling tower’s specific flow rate and distribution pattern, will impact the overall cooling tower performance.
Like most industries, the Cooling Tower production and repair industry has been flooded with cheaper, substandard and inefficient OEM parts. Our nozzles are manufactured in accordance with ISO:9001 standards and are all locally manufactured.
IWC is the only South African cooling tower company that manufactures its own range of cooling tower nozzles.
Our aim to provide OEM equipment is driven by a need to provide outstanding, long lasting components that will enhance the performance of your cooling tower.
Our nozzles have been designed with profiled swirlers to ensure uniform water distribution at a low static pressures. All our nozzles have a full cone square pattern with a minimum spray angle of 110°. This means that a single nozzle can be used to cover an area of 1 square meter with the nozzle tip positioned 350mm above the cooling tower fill, or 1.2 square meters with the nozzle tip 400mm above the fill. We also stock pipe saddles to suit the above nozzles and these are available to suit 110mm, 160mm and 200mm pipe diameters.
When issuing an RFQ for cooling tower related spare parts or cooling tower services, it is important to always ensure that the parts on offer meet the following criteria:
- do the parts come from a reputable supplier?
- is the supplier a factory-appointed reseller or agent?
- ensure that the parts being offered are not simply cheap imported copies of OEMs (original equipment manufacturers);
- ensure that the parts are locally manufactured (to ensure future availability);
- ask the supplier if they are willing to guarantee, in writing, that the supplied parts will in fact deliver on the performance they are being supplied for.
IWC have been providing innovative and effective cooling solutions for over 35 years. IWC’s core products and productivity-enhancing solutions include cooling towers, heat exchangers and chillers along with locally-manufactured nozzles, allied spares and services.